Re: ekklesia/Mitchell Gray

From: Theodore H Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 19:25:49 EDT

Hi Mitch:

Yes, my wife and I say the same thing, as well as "we're meeting with the
saints," or some such. However, if "church" is not the best translation
of EKKLESIA, as a couple of people have recently suggested, then some
other term needs to be used which captures both the local and global
aspects of the body of Christ. Am I mistaken in my understanding that
the NT speaks of the EKKLESIA on both levels? Perhaps "assembly" or
"congregation" are fine, in spite of my feeling that they seem to have a
decidedly local flavor to them.

Best.

Dr. Theodore "Ted" Mann
thmann@juno.com