Re: KOILIA

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 07:46:31 EDT

At 09:27 PM 8/5/99 +1200, you wrote:
>I have confused search on KOILIA in the NT. Youngs has a ref to Luke
15.16, and the NIV seemed to use the same text. My UBS3 lists it as a
variant (GEMISAI THN KOILIAN AUTOU APO) but chooses to use XORTASQHNAI EK
instead. Could someone tell me which GNT uses this (KOILIA) variant, and
why the UBS has chosen not to (I don't have access to a Metzgers Text. Comm
where I am right now)?

>thanks
>
>Nigel

I presume you are asking for the manuscripts which support each reading???

In any event:
xortasqhnai - p75, Sinaiticus, B, D, L, R, f1,13, 1241...
koilian- A Theta, Psi, the majority of Byzantine texts...

As you can see, xortasqhnai is attested by "superior" texts. I think the
editors rightly choose here.

Best,

Jim