Re: learning CD's

From: Garrett B Trott (gtrott@juno.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 19:42:29 EDT

On Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:29:04 +0000 jacob cohen <cobey@directcon.net>
writes:
>B- Greekers-
>
>What are some excellent interactive CDs for learning basic Koine?
>
>Cordially,
>Jacob Cohen

A product put out by Parsons Technology, called "Greek Tutor" is an
excellent interactive multimedia tool for learning Koine Greek. However,
It is aimed specifically for Biblical Greek, the vocab is intended to be
of assistance when reading the Greek NT, not neccesarily for classical
Greek. I used it as a tool to learn first year Greek before going to
seminary and it worked wonderfully. Second year greek was still
difficult, but I felt a lot more stable with what is taught in first year
Greek through this program.
-Garrett