Re: Wallace: Beyond the Basics

From: David McKay (music@fl.net.au)
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 19:00:49 EDT

What I am appreciating about Wallace's Beyond the Basics is that it is
definitely taking me further in my understanding of Greek than I have so far
been. I really appreciate the comprehensive indexes [indices?] and I like
the level of language [some grammars are too high-falutin' for me, though I
have done 8 years tertiary study] and also the contemporary illustrations,
though a few American ones leave me puzzled!

Speaking of things American, we had a grid iron game here in Sydney on
Sunday, and found that the cheer girls had more to do than the football
players. According to The Sydney Morning Herald, they invaded the grounds 20
times during the course of the afternoon. [Probably seems normal to the
majority of my readers!]

So ... what grammars do YOU recommend?
David McKay
music@fl.net.au