Greek Grammars

From: George Goolde (goolde@mtnempire.net)
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 22:13:46 EDT

Dear b-greekers:

I am a little different than some of you because my interest is primarily
Bible and Theology, for which Greek to me is a tool. So I probably won't
reflect the "purist" approach to the language!

I prefer 8 case grammars because of my approach to exegesis. I think it is
important to make careful distinctions whenever possible. For that general
reason, I opt for

Summers - Beginning
Dana and Mantey - Intermediate
A.T. Robertson - Advanced.

I use many other grammars for reference, including probably many that you
all use. Blass and DeBrunner, Goetchius, Funk, Mounce, White, the four
volume set by Moulton/Turner.
George

George A. Goolde
Professor, Bible & Theology
Southern California Bible College & Seminary