Grammars

From: George Goolde (goolde@mtnempire.net)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 00:44:15 EDT

Friends,

At the risk of getting very close to the edge of that precipice leading to
the nether parts of the B-greek world. . .
It seems to me that one of the "right on" posts said "It depends on what
you want to study grammar for." And without (I hope) jumping over that
precipice that is where I say your approach to hermeneutics is part of your
understanding of exegesis which is part of your reason for studying Greek
in the first place. Which is all to say, that differences of opinion being
carefully considered, and persons of varying faith perspectives being
respectfully treated, you cannot ultimately separate hermeneutics from Greek.

Unless, of course, you are a classical Greek scholar with no driving
connection between your love for Greek and your understanding of Scripture.

I am nowhere near being neo-orthodox (being theologically somewhere to the
right of Atilla the Hun!), but I cannot resist grabbing a neo-orthodox
dictum and applying it to the name of our cheery list: <G>
Thesis - antithesis - systhesis.
B (Bible) - Greek - ?????
George

George A. Goolde
Professor, Bible & Theology
Southern California Bible College & Seminary