Funk 3-volume set (was Task of Translation)

From: Benjamin Raymond (bfraymond@prodigy.net)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 06:28:07 EDT

At 01:08 PM 8/9/99 -0500, Carlton wrote:

>I agree with the resources Carl has recommended, especially Smyth. For the
>person who thinks about ever teaching Greek, you should know the history
>which means Deissman, Robertson and many others. Robert Funk's three volume
>work plus the workbook has been very useful to me as a teacher. The aspect
>gurus are really doing us older heads a service, though we do not always
>see why we need to learn a whole new vocabulary.

Carlton,

Do you have any other info on Funk's 3-volume set? I'm assuming that it must
be the same as the "Beginning-Intermediate" volumes (labeled I,II, and III)
that I found not to long ago at a used bookstore in Cambridge.

I'm wondering:

1. Is the workbook you mention part of this collection that I'm still missing
(and still in print)?

2. How does this relate to Funk's work with Blass/Debrunner?

3. Any more specific impressions you might share?

Thanks,
Ben

Benjamin Raymond, B.Min.
8 Margaret St.