Re: Definitions- help!

From: Richard Maurer (rsmaurer@aol.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 1999 - 09:02:11 EDT

For those who want just a handy reference, I find a little book by R. L.
Trask very helpful: *Key Concepts in Language and Linguistics* (Routledge,
1999). It is dictionary format with brief articles on some of the terms
that have popped up in this thread, e.g. Structuralism, Discourse Analysis,
Transformational Grammar. But what I like best are his interesting
explanations of grammatical terms: noun, verb, morpheme, mood, tense, etc.
He has a lovely article on aspect.

Richard Maurer