RE: b-greek digest: September 02, 1999

From: Ray Clendenen (rclende@lifeway.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 1999 - 09:29:33 EDT

Ray Clendenen@BSSBNOTES
09/03/99 08:29 AM

Phil Sanders wrote: <<I have been assigned the task of talking about the
task of translations to a
small rural church. I felt that giving some history of translations and
some background on the methods of translation would be a wise start. I
have
been investigating several books, including Metzger's, Text of the New
Testament; Comfort's, The Quest for the Original Text; and Carson's, King
James Version Debate. I also am looking at books by Jack P. Lewis.

What books would you recommend for such a study?>>

I think you'd find some great information and examples of Bible translation
issues in _A Translator's Freedom: Modern English Bibles and their
Language_ by Cecil Hargreaves. JSOT 1993.

Ray Clendenen
B&H publishers