Re: Greek Concordances and Lexicons

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@prodigy.net)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 09:40:42 EDT

Carl:

Yes, I'd wait to get BDAG if I knew it was coming soon. But many people
can't wait. I had my Greek students get BAGD this year because their
homework and exegesis projects due this semster can't wait a year. Currently
BAGD is the best choice, but if time is no object BDAG is the one to get.

Thanks for pointing this out

Kevin

At 08:33 AM 9/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At 9:21 AM -0400 9/8/99, Kevin W. Woodruff wrote:
>>I woudl recommend Koehlenberger's Exhaustive Concordance to the Greek New
>>Testament and Bauer'sGreek English Lexcion translated by Arndt, Gingrich,
>>and Danker.
>
>BUT--if we're this close to the publication of Danker's latest revision
>(even if it's a year away) I think I'd wait for that before purchasing the
>current BAGD which is several years old--the new one is to be termed BDAG,
>isn't it?--since Fred Danker has done so much original work on this old
>classic?
>

>Carl W. Conrad
>Department of Classics/Washington University
>One Brookings Drive/St. Louis, MO, USA 63130/(314) 935-4018
>Home: 7222 Colgate Ave./St. Louis, MO 63130/(314) 726-5649
>cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu

Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek