Re: B-Greeks & SBL

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 07:09:43 EDT

At 4:42 PM -0500 9/13/99, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
>It's that time of year again for me to issue the now "traditional" call
>to B-Greeks who are planning to attend the Annual SBL Convention (this
>year in Edward Hobb's back yard -- Boston) to let me know who you are.
>
>I'm assuming, of course that there is interest in doing what have done
>at the past two SBLs (OK, so it's a "young" tradition) and gathering
>first informally on the morning (11am) Saturday Nov 20th at or near the
>Gramcord Booth in the exhibition hall (shouting very loudly how
>wonderful Gramcord is) and arranging a time when it is convenient to
>gather together to get to know one another in person and/or renew old
>acquaintances.
>
>So send me your names **off list**, as well as information on when
>you're planning to arrive and where you'll be staying, and I'll keep a
>tally of names.

I might just get there this year, but my reason for sending this On-List is
to ask whether you, Jeffrey, or anyone else knows where the current web
site for SBL is--the last URL I have draws a blank ("The specified server
could not be found!" every time; that was

                http://www.sbl-site.com/

And my attempts to get at it through the Scholars Press site at Emory have
also been to no avail. So I'm wondering if anyone knows something more
up-to-date.
I'd be grateful to learn.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu