Re: B-Greeks & SBL

From: Mark Goodacre (M.S.GOODACRE@bham.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 08:32:06 EDT

On 15 Sep 99, at 6:17, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

> "Carl W. Conrad" wrote:
>
> > I might just get there this year, but my reason for sending this On-List
> > is to ask whether you, Jeffrey, or anyone else knows where the current
> > web site for SBL is--the last URL I have draws a blank ("The specified
> > server could not be found!" every time; that was
> >
> > http://www.sbl-site.com/
> >
> > And my attempts to get at it through the Scholars Press site at Emory
> > have also been to no avail. So I'm wondering if anyone knows something
> > more up-to-date. I'd be grateful to learn.
>
> Yes. something is screwy at that site.
>
> Try this: http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu/scripts/openings/99geninfo.html

Or this:

http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu/scripts/SBL/SBL-MENU.html

The www.sbl-site.org address seems not to be working at the
moment, but everything is working on the shemesh.scholar.emory.edu
front. To get individual pages at the moment, you will need to
substitute http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu/scripts/SBL/ for
http://www.sbl-site/scripts/SBL at the root.

While we are on the topic, I have recently set up a small directory of
scholarly societies on the web related to the New Testament (SBL,
SNTS etc.), at:

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre/scholars.htm#societies

I'd be grateful to know of any I've missed.

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk
  Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
  Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
   The New Testament Gateway
   Mark Without Q