KANWN

From: Mike Sangrey (mike@sojurn.lns.pa.us)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 15:42:10 EDT

KANWN is used in Gal. 6:16 and 2 Cor. 10:13,15,16.

In Gal. 6:16 it is referring to the 'rule' of a new creation. In 2 Cor. it is
referring to a region where Paul wishes to preach the gospel.

Can someone tell me whether it refers to a region of authority or influence in
the sense of governmental region? Somewhat like the U.S. county or parish (I
think Alabama uses 'parish'). Or is it more tuned to a cultural region, like
the French district of New Orleans or China Town, only bigger?

In short, is the connotation one of government or culture?

Right now I'm leaning toward a meaning similar to the English phrase 'sphere
of authority or influence.'

Thanks ahead of time.

--
Mike Sangrey