Pontius Pilate Coin Inscription

From: Marvin W. Huddleston (kc5lei@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 10:09:32 EDT

<x-flowed>I am in possession of a coin with the following inscription, and would like
help in translating it. Being a first year greek student, I am not yet
there as far as doing this myself.

The coin is described as "AE Prutah. TIBEPIOY KAICAPOC. Lituus. Rv. Greek
date within wreath denoting either 30 or 31 A.D. Hendin 649-50. AJC II,
Supp. V,23."

The actual inscription on the face of the coin reads --unreadible
character-- sriog ka -- (the iota is not a subscript)

Thanks in advance for any information,

Marvin

Marvin W. Huddleston, KC5LEI
"Soli Deo Honour et Gloria"
e-mail: kc5lei@hotmail.com (lower case)
         kc5lei@airmail.net (lower case)

VIEW MY RESUME: http://geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/5154/ResumeShort.html

VIEW MY BIO: http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=kc5lei

FAMILY WEB PAGE:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/5154/

"LORD, make me an instrument of Thy Peace,
Where there is hatred--let me sow LOVE.
Where there is injury--pardon.
Where there is despair--hope.
Where there is darkness--light.
And where there is sadness--joy.
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console...
to be understood, as to understand...
to be loved, as to love...
For it is in the giving that we receive...
It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned...
And it is in dying, that we are born to Eternal Life."