Re: Fonts

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 13:39:05 EDT

At 10:17 AM -0500 9/30/99, David A Bielby wrote:
>I noticed that some companies use Unicode. This allows a user to
>Copy/Paste Greek as Unicode text. Would this allow us to send Greek fonts
>via email if it were embraced by all?
>What is the status on the development of a universal Greek Font set we
>can use in email?

This question keeps coming up from time to time, but so far as I know, the
time is still not quite ripe. Jonathan Robie knows more about SGML coding
(I believe) than anyone else associated with the list and about the current
status of unicode. I'm sure that he's eager to see unicode available to us
for Greek in e-mail, but I don't think the time is quite yet ripe. I wish
he could answer more directly, but he's currently back on the Riviera again
(he claimed this is a business trip before he left, but I don't seem to go
on that sort of business trip); perhaps he'll have a word about this when
he returns and has some time about 10 days or so from now.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu