Re: Triglot Question

From: Ben Crick (ben.crick@argonet.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 13:41:26 EDT

On Fri 1 Oct 1999 (11:40:44), x99swain@wmich.edu wrote:
> The only thing I can conclude is that grammatically THEOS MOU is being
> used as the subject of the imperative verb which in English we're going
> to translate as a vocative just so that it makes sense. But it seems a
> very odd construction to me. Is there something in Koine that I'm
> missing where the Nominative can be used as a vocative in such a case?

 Dear Larry

 Some while ago we had lengthy thread on this very topic (Nominative for
 Vocative in NT Greek) concerning Hebrews 1:8/Psalm 44:6LXX (Psalm 45:7BH).
 IIRC the Thread title was Hebrews 1:8.

 As Mary Pendergraft has pointed out already, the Vocative masc sing does not
 always end in -E.

 ERRWSQE,
 Ben

--