Re: Matt 19:9

From: dixonps@juno.com
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 19:51:41 EDT

The question is, did the early church fathers understand the
MH EPI PORNEIA of Mt 19:9 as denoting preterition (as excluding
from consideration the case of PORNEIA) or as denoting the
negation, that is, if a man divorced his wife because of PORNEIA,
and remarried, then he did not commit adultery in so doing?

I don't see anything in the translations cited below that suggests
anything other than the preterition view.

Paul Dixon

<snip>