Re: PEMPTAIOI in Acts 20:6 D

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 07:34:05 EDT

At 11:23 PM 10/14/99 -0400, you wrote:

>If Jim's cite isn't a mistake (it's not listed in Tischendorf), then
>I would have to guess that is a spelling error for ACRI on the part
>of the copyist.

I use Swanson. I checked it 3 times for correctness. I feel certain that
the word is some sort of error, but as will be recalled, the original post
was interested in the variant in D. I merely provided a list of other
variants and a possible explanation for the reading of D (without evaluating
the accuracy of those other variants).

Best,

Jim
Jim West, ThD
email- jwest@highland.net
web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

'Mythology is what never was but always is.' Stephen of Byzantium