The anaphora of 1 John 3:5 & 8 & the Subjunctive

From: George Goolde (goolde@mtnempire.net)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 10:35:31 EDT

<x-flowed>Just "piling on" here in saying that Carl's five point statement on the
nature of language and biblical translation is one of the most accurate and
to-the-point that I have seen. His statement about "dignity" captures the
essence of why some prefer the 1611 KJV even if it is difficult for them to
understand it. I personally gravitate toward the less "dignified" of the
formal equivalent translations and end up at the NKJV or the 1995 NASB
(which is less formal than the previous NASB).

Anyway, thanks, Carl, for a good clarifying statement.

George

George A. Goolde
Professor, Bible and Theology
Southern California Bible College & Seminary
El Cajon, California

goolde@mtnempire.net