Re: off topic

From: jim west (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 12:11:59 EDT

At 10:15 AM 10/20/99 -0500, you wrote:

>What? You got by without learning the Greek original? Well, so did I. If
>someone has access to the autograph MSS, we could use a little help here!
>Someone from the TC list?

In Codex imanotkiddingensis the greek has "kalos" which i think various
translators have rendered in different ways. 'gracious' fits as well as
'precious'- thus, here again we have an example of the original text
informing us of the facts as they really are.

by the way, codex imanotkiddingensis dates to the year 12, wehn jesus was a
strapping lad of 12 in the temple.... it is the oldest ms of all.

best,

Jim

;-P