Re: Denniston on Particles

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 11:45:13 EDT

<x-flowed>At 12:47 19/10/99 -0500, Steven Craig Miller wrote:
><< Anyone know where I can get a copy of Denniston on Particles? >>
>
>The publisher is: Hackett Publishing Company
>(http://www.hackettpublishing.com). It is a reprint of the 1966 edition.
>It sells for $60 cloth, and one can reach Hackett at 317-635-9250.

Any listmembers iiving outside the U.S and Canada should note the following
message sent to me recently:

We have received your recent order via email. However, we regret to inform
you that the particular title you have requested has restricted rights for
North America only. Therefore, we are unable to ship Greek Particles. Your
interest is appreciated.

Hackett Publishing Company
<<<<

I see from this that the "Publishers' Agreements" are alive and well,
despie all the talk of free trade!
Which is why the U.K price of this edition is the equivalent of $75

It will be interesting to see what Amazon does with my order --- they have
accepted it but told me that it is on back-order i.e "Usually ships in 3-5
weeks"

Regards
Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]