Re: Mounce: Enough already?

From: S.D. & J.A. Mannix (q4402112@topaz.cqu.edu.au)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 02:16:15 EST

G'day.

No problem.

I apologise if I seem a little "precious",
but I recognise that I am well out of my league in this
forum. I am making a genuine effort to "keep up" since
my own grasp of Greek is very minimal compared with
most of you. I actually once thought my Greek was
quite good!

My knowledge of textual criticism and also Hebrew is
totally non-existent. So, I joined this and the Hebrew list to
sharpen my understanding and usage of Biblical languages,
particularly in preaching.

I am currently studying for an MA in Theology and have
chosen quite a rigorous path for study of Biblical languages.

I honestly have not seen ALL the posts on Mounce before
writing my own. Therefore if I expressed a viewpoint
that had been previously stated, it was by accident
not by design. My response to Dr Conrad was not in any
way an expression of disrespect towards him.
I accept his apology and decision without qualification
and thank him for his gracious response.

Finally, a question I have been meaning to ask: How
does one begin the study of textual criticism? What
books or CD ROMS should I look for?

Regards, and in anticipation,

Steve Mannix
q4402112@topaz.cqu.edu.au