Mounce

From: George Goolde (goolde@mtnempire.net)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 01:42:09 EST

<x-flowed>It seems to me that there is something which is apparent through this
thread. While this is not a forum for the discussion of theology or
doctrine, it is evident that one of the considerations which should be made
in the selection of a Greek grammar is its doctrinal orientation. We most
certainly ought, as professionals, to agree to disagree agreeably, but we
would only be fooling ourselves if we pretended there were no doctrinal
differences or doctrinal considerations in the way we interpret the Greek
text.

Sometimes, it would be refreshingly transparent if one were to say: "Of the
two possible treatments of this Greek construction, I choose approach "a"
because it is in keeping with my other doctrinal understandings.

'Nuff said.

George

George A. Goolde
Professor, Bible and Theology
Southern California Bible College & Seminary
El Cajon, California

goolde@mtnempire.net