Clause linkage (was RE: Philippians 4:3-4 hWN TA ONOMATA ...)

From: Byron Knutson (byronk@open.org)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 03:22:21 EST

Regarding:

 Philippians 4:3-4 and CAIRETE EN KURIWi PANTOTE PALIN ERW CAIRETE and
whether it can be construed as a continuation in the Greek of what precedes,
namely, TA hWN ONOMATA EN BIBLWI ZWHS.

I have come in on the tail end of this so I perhaps missed this, but what
about the attraction of the "hWN" in hWN ONOMATA EN BIBLWI ZWHS, to the
gen. - TWN LOIPWN SUNERGWN preceding it? That would seem to be a fairly
strong argument for taking TA hWN ONOMATA EN BIBLWI ZWHS with the preceding
verse rather than the following.

The other question that I puzzle over is "What difference in Paul's argument
does the phrase make if taken with the one rather than the other?", but that
goes beyond B-Greek doesn't it?

Sincerely,
Byron Knutson,
Salem, Oregon