Re: KJV / AV

From: C. E. Core (jesuslover@neteze.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 05:27:17 EST

Hi Nigel,

The KJV uses the Byzantine text, which includes the majority of manuscripts and the
AV, which was a response in America to England's Revised Version (RV) uses the
Alexandrian text, some of which is older, it was revised by Wescott and Hort, and
was used for these two newer translations. I am not sure about specific differences,

but I think that it was the AV that translated virgin as young girl in Isaiah.
in Christ -chris