Re: John 13:34 - A hINA Clause with the force of an imperative?

From: Bret Hicks (bret@ratedg.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 16:14:13 EST

Clayton,

    I agree. I am tempted to think that the language means both are intended; I am
merely trying to find out about the use of such clauses with the force of an
imperative.
    (BTW, Leon Morris, in his commentary on the passage, seems to conclude that both
meanings ar present.)
    Thanks for the suggestion.

In Christ,

Bret