Enough already? (Temple and New world translation of holy scriptures?)

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 19:38:58 EST

This thread began very nicely and then got stuck on a broken record, the
theme being more translation theory than the Greek text of the Bible--and
that theme has been played over and over: should we translate the extant
Greek text? or should we translate what we think the original text would
have been if we could recover it? If somebody has something NEW to say
about this, hop to it, but it seems to me that the discussion has reached a
point of diminishing returns.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu