RE: Ign. Eph. 15:3

From: Bart Ehrman (behrman@email.unc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 08:37:23 EST

   It appears to be taken this way by other translators, but the
commentators pass over it without a note (making me think that there's
something obvious here that I'm missing), and I haven't been able to find
anything quite like it anywhere (which probably means it's all over the
map). If you do run across a clear parallel, let me know. (There's
something kind of *similar* in the preceding chapter, btw: "Thus who claim
to belong to Christ will be seen through the things they do" DI hWN
PRASSOUSIN OFQHSONTiAI).

   Thanks,

-- Bart

Bart D. Ehrman