Edward's library

From: David McKay (music@fl.net.au)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 16:33:58 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a guided tour of Edward's library! I found
your comments on your Tischendorf books fascinating!

I have not been privileged to see many famous books, but one find I made
[not related to Greek] occurred when I borrowed a copy of a modern
Australian composition from the Australian Music Centre library. It was
Martin Wesley-Smith's "Who Killed Cock Robin?"

I realised shortly after I borrowed it that it had been used by Nicholas
Routley [conductor] in preparing a recording which I owned, and in pencil on
the score, were suggestions as to who should sing what.

The annotations on the volumes Edward referred to sound intriguing, but I
would be regretting that I couldn't read them!

David McKay
music@fl.net.au