Re: Off-topic: Tischendorf apparat

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 23:24:38 EST

> eventually.
>
> I thought that the quality of the reproduction was very good; though
> to save costs/paper they copied two original book pages onto a single
> reprint page. Although the print is not too much smaller, the binding
> is odd shaped.
>
> Stephen Carlson

Steve,

How difficult have you found the apparatus to use? Looked a little
cryptic to me. Makes NA27 seem user friendly by comparison. I suspect
that someone would need to learn nearly the entire Latin technical
vocabulary for NT textural criticism before they could make much use of
it.

I also wonder if Ruben Swanson's Gospels and Acts have made Tischendorf
kind of a dinosaur of sorts for the first half of the NT. Perhaps not.
Edward Hobbs could settle this question if he is listening in.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point