Re: Help please

From: Steven Craig Miller (scmiller@www.plantnet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 09:43:24 EST

<x-flowed>To: Mitchell Gray,

<< Could someone please translate this for me. It is Ps. 95:6 in the LXX.
EXOMOLOGHSIS KAI WRAIOTHS ENWPION AUTOU, hAGIWSUNH KAI MEGALOPREPEIA EN TWi
hAGIASMATI AUTOU (Ps. 95:6 LXX). >>

"Thanksgiving and beauty are before him, holiness and majesty are in his
sanctuary" (Ps 96:6 LXX).

At first I found EXOMOLOGHSIS kind of odd. But according to LEH it means
"confession of gratitude" and thus "thanksgiving." (I also took the liberty
of making small corrections to your transliteration.)

For your information (and for future reference), it might have been more
informative to have "Ps 96:6 LXX" in the subject header than the phrase
"Help please." No matter how much this phrase might have expressed your own
personal sentiments, it wasn't very descriptive as to the topic at hand.

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller@www.plantnet.com
FWIW: I'm neither a clergy-person, nor an academic (and I have no post-grad
degrees).