Foreign Language Acquisition

From: Steven Craig Miller (scmiller@www.plantnet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 10:31:46 EST

<x-flowed>To: the participants of this B-Greek list,

I'm interested in reading something on second-language acquisition
research. How should one learn a second language? How does one learn a
second language? Etc. Obviously, I would be happy to read someone who
discusses the learning of "dead languages" (e.g., ancient Greek or Latin;
for those who object to the phrase "dead languages," please note that I've
placed this phrase in quotations), but I'm also looking for general
information on this subject. If anyone has recommendations, or better yet,
a book review, I would greatly appreciate such information.

Thanks!

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller@www.plantnet.com
FWIW: I'm neither a clergy-person, nor an academic (and I have no post-grad
degrees).