Re: Computer tools for B-Greek?

From: Steve Puluka (spuluka@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 06:40:04 EST

<x-flowed>>From: Ryan Simmons <ryanasimmons@yahoo.com>

>I also want an index of the LXX text giving the Greek words used to
>translate each Hebrew word.

While there are people who attempt to do this, please do not accept at face
value the assumption that the LXX text is a translation of the MT that we
have in Hebrew today. There is a variant text history of the Hebrew that is
mostly lost to us today and the LXX is one of the windows we have to one of
those variants.

I am not saying that reference to the MT when studying the LXX is not
valuable. It is. BUT the LXX IS NOT a translation of the MT.

I'll leave your real request for others and the archives, where you will
find a number of recomendations.

Steve Puluka
Adult Education Instructor
http://arrive.at/byzantinecatholic