Re: Stanley Porter: Idioms

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 18:38:53 EST

In a message dated 2/18/2000 2:30:28 PM Central Daylight Time, wleman@mcn.net
writes:

<< Just a reminder that anyone can order Porter's books directly from
 Sheffield, and receive their 50% discount if the book is for "personal
 research'. The Sheffield website, from which one can order via their email
 or s-mail addresses is:

 http://www.shef-ac-press.co.uk/

 Often the Sheffield discount is better than the price one can get through
 amazon.com or Barnes&Noble.

(1) I understand this is not offered for paperback or hardcover books when a
paperback exists.

(2) The site states that the discount will be noted if available. After
looking at a number of books, I never saw one available. Wlhat gives?

gfsomsel