Re: 1 Jn. 2:1 (again)

From: Jason Hare (parousia_occ@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 08:10:10 EST

I don't think the point is that He (Jesus, the PARAKLHTOS) is with the
Father, as in the idea of Him being in heaven at the present time. Most
likely the point is that He is our advocate to the Father. In other words,
He makes the defense for us to the Father. Our position as children in the
family of God and our stance of holiness with Him are utterly dependent
upon the fact that Jesus is our high priest. He has gone into heaven on
behalf of humanity, of whom He is the ultimate high priest and PARAKLHTOS.

Jason Hare
Ozark Christian College
1111 N. Main (Strong 222)
Joplin, MO 64801