Re: Gender-specific or gender-inclusive?

From: Wayne Leman (wleman@mcn.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 23:56:40 EST

George replied:

>Now, I'm not a stubborn man. I will maintain TO MY DYING BREATH that I AM
>NOT STUBBORN. I'll just never be able to accept that viewpoint which has
only
>arisen under the aegis of the NOW hags

Now, NOW, George! Those women aren't engineering English language change.
Many people have never heard of NOW, but even more people no longer
understand "man" as having an inclusive meaning. People change language,
over time. You might say that language is quick and powerful, quickly now,
say it! :)

Well, we'd better get back to Greek. At least Koine Greek won't change
meaning over time!

Wayne
Bible translation discussion list: http://bibletranslation.listbot.com