Mk 14:25 effect of variant OU MH PROSQW[MEN]

From: Tom Conry (tconry@hds.harvard.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 16:27:52 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I'm having trouble understanding the intent of a variant in Mk
14:25. NA27 gives us OUKETI OU MH PIW, which I understand as
simply I will definitely never drink . . . .

D a d f read OU MH PROSQW PEIN (I will not add to drink?) and
another variant reads OU MH PROSQWMEN PIEIN (We will not add to
drink?).

Can anyone come up with an explanation as to why someone at one
time might have preferred these readings? I'm not clear about
the difference in rhetorical impact from NA27's reading.

Thanks.