Re: Redup. in aorist

From: Steven Craig Miller (scmiller@www.plantnet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 08:26:31 EST

<x-flowed>To: Carlton Winbery,

<< Here we see the very interesting occurrence of "swappance" in modern
English. *Perhaps* becomes *Perphas* by this process which is sorta like
swapping the castle with the queen in chess. >>

Hmm ... I think you meant "like swapping the rook (aka the castle) with the
king in Chess." The rook and queen can not swap places, but the king and
rook do something very similar to swapping places (the king moves two
squares towards the rook, and the rook is placed on the other side of the
king).

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller@www.plantnet.com
FWIW: I'm neither a clergy-person, nor an academic (and I have no post-grad
degrees).