Re: Teaching Greek

From: Carlton Winbery (winberyc@speedgate.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 23:22:49 EST

Carl Conrad wrote;
 (b)
>I'm not sure I'd trust anyone who claims to feel altogether comfortable
>teaching Greek; teaching Greek is one sure way of learning what it is that
>you still don't know about Greek.

Some students amazingly find those questions that I have never considered
even after 35 years of teaching. By the way, I'm not sure its how many
credit hours you have but what else do you bring to the table, such as some
knowledge of how people learn, how to help people with developing an attack
method to the subject, etc. If you fear being wrong in front of a class,
don't ever begin to teach Greek.

Dr. Carlton L. Winbery
Foggleman Professor of Religion
Louisiana College