Re: Luke 22:44

From: Steven R. Lo Vullo (doulos@chorus.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 02:00:41 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Dave,

Forgot to add, if you would like to compare the same construction in another
Lukan text, see Acts 6:15 (TO PROSWPON AUTOU hWSEI PROSWPON AGGELOU), where
the only differences are the case of the two compared nouns (and the article
of the first; accusative) and the fact that both are singular. But the
pattern ARTICLE-NOUN-GENITIVE MODIFIER (AUTOU in both
cases)-CONJUNCTION-NOUN-GENITIVE MODIFIER is the same. The translation
follows along similar lines: "[They] saw his face like a face of an angel."

Steve LoVullo