Text of the New Testament in Contemporary Research

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 00:38:13 EDT

The following book:

****
Ehrman, Bart D. and Michael W. Holmes, eds. Text of the New Testament in
Contemporary Research: Essays on the Status Questions Grand Rapids William
B. Eerdmans 1995 $40 retail.
*****

Has been dumped by Eerdmans on the remainders market. I picked one up at my
local remainders store tonight at a price two low to quote here.

This book is a "keeper" for anyone who dabbles or is semi-serious about NT
Textual Criticism. It is a collection of Essays in Honor of Bruce Metzger. I
have read the book from cover to cover and would recommend it to anyone who
reads books on this topic.

Eerdmans seems to be dumping a lot of books. Every week or so I drop into
HalfPrice books and there are new titles down there on NT studies. You
don't have to have a HalfPrice books in your area to take advantage of this.
The WEB book dealers have them and all you need to do is do a keyword search
for Eerdmans and Paul or Jesus or what ever and you will find them. I saw
some $30 J. D. G. Dunn volumes going for 4.95 at HamiltonBook.com using the
following search engine:

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/IList

Anyway it is time to save big bucks building your personal library while
Eerdmans is cleaning out their warehouse.

Good shopping and reading.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew