Re: hOUTWS Jn3.16 "In this way"

From: Charles Skallerud (karolus@wf.net)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 08:18:37 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Don't these two interpretations overlap? While the sense of 'in this way'
is primary, the event described is inherently spectacular. Perhaps the
context makes hOUTOS rather expansive and intense. I've always taken it in
your sense and am now just trying to see what the other might mean. I
don't have Brown to hand so I'm not basing my thoughts on his
interpretation.

Charles Skallerud