Re: Junia an Apostle or Junia considered prominent by the Apostles?

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 12:02:31 EDT

At 11:27 AM -0500 4/4/00, Eric S. Weiss wrote:
>Is there a reason why my message on this, as well as, e.g., the messages
>"RE: Kosmos ...," are not "falling in line" under the appropriate thread?
>My message was a reply to a previous message, so I assumed my message would
>fall under the same thread - but it appeared independently (on Lyris); yet
>Carl's response to MY message appeared under the thread where mine
>originally should have appeared. Or so it appears on my PC.

I don't rightly know (more accurately: I have no idea whatsoever!) why this
should be the case, but let me ask this: was your message composed and sent
AT the web site rather than from your own mail program? I have observed on
the rare occasion when I check mail at the web site and respond directly
there (because my mail server is down even though my ISP is not), messages
are sometimes ordered differently in the catalog at the web site. It may
have something to do with the way Lyris (the list-management software)
numbers incoming messages--I don't really know.

--

Carl W. Conrad Department of Classics/Washington University One Brookings Drive/St. Louis, MO, USA 63130/(314) 935-4018 Home: 7222 Colgate Ave./St. Louis, MO 63130/(314) 726-5649 cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu