Re: doulos

From: Charles Skallerud (karolus@wf.net)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 20:41:07 EDT

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I am not surprised that Carl comes up with the best counter-argument. This
OT angle is a problem, but I still think the context of Paul's writing is
best reflected by 'slave.' To my mind 'servant' has an air of Victorian
domesticity which is a million miles from Paul. On the other hand, since
guys like Carl Conrad and Bruce Metzger think otherwise I better check my
ammo.

cs