Greek Software and XML

From: Christian Cryder (ccryder@applianceware.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 19:55:52 EDT

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hi folks,

Couple of questions...

1. Can anyone point me to a comprehensive list of Greek related software
(of course, descriptions about the pros and cons of each package would
also be helpful)

2. Can anyone point me to a summary of work being done in the area of
downloable (free) Greek/Hebrew fonts? (I'm not really talking about
manually installing fonts here...I'm thinking more on the lines of
projects which use Java to download and install greek on the client
dynamically, without user intervention)

3. Are there any projects out there aimed at providing an open-source,
web-accessible, XML-based version of the biblical texts (along with
corresponding linguistic/commentary tags)

4. Are there other Greek lists out there where I should be asking these
same questions?

5. Is there a BGreek FAQ someplace, so I wouldn't have to ask these
things?

Feel free to respond to me directly if these questions are not directly
pertinent to the BGreek list.

Thanks in advance,
Christian
Christian Cryder