Re: Angels by name

From: Cindy Smith (cms@dragon.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 15:05:15 EDT

As long as we're discussing angels, here are a list of references to
angels by name.

Archangel Michael
_________________
Daniel 10:13: ....but the prince of the kingdom of Persia stood in my
way for twenty-one days, until finally Michael, one of the chief
princes, came to help me.

Daniel 10:21: ....but I shall tell you what is written in the
truthful book. No one supports me against all these except Michael,
your prince, standing as a reinforcement and a bulwark for me.

Daniel 12:1 At that time there shall arise
              Michael, the great prince,
              guardian of your people;

Jude 1:9: Yet the Archangel Michael, when he argued with the devil in
a dispute over the body of Moses, did not venture to pronounce a
reviling judgment upon him but said, "May the Lord rebuke you!"

Revelation 12:7: Then war broke out in heaven; Michael and his angels
battled against the dragon.

Archangel Gabriel
_________________
Daniel 8:16: ....and on the Ulai I heard a human voice that cried
out, "Gabriel, explain the vision to this man."

Daniel 9:21: I was still occupied with this prayer, when Gabriel, the
one whom I had seen before in vision, came to me in rapid flight at
the time of the evening sacrifice.

Luke 1:19: And the angel said to him in reply, "I am Gabriel, who
stand before God. I was sent to speak to you and to announce to you
this good news."

Luke 1:26: In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to
a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man
named Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary.

Raphael (deuterocanonicals)
________

Tobit 12:15 (among numerous passages in Tobit): I am Raphael, one of
the seven angels who enter and serve before the Glory of the Lord.

Uriel (APOCRYPHA)
_____
2 Esdras 4:1: Then the angel that had been sent to me, whose name was
Uriel, answered and said to me, "Your understanding has utterly failed
regarding this world, and do you think you can comprehend the way of
the Most High?"

2 Esdras 5:20: So I fasted seven days, mourning and weeping, as the
angel Uriel had commanded me.

2 Esdras 10:28: Where is the angel Uriel, who came to me at first?
For it was he who brought me into this overpowering bewilderment; my
end has become corruption, and my prayer a reproach.

Cindy Smith Spawn of a Jewish Carpenter
GO AGAINST THE FLOW! \\ _\\\_ _///_ // A Real Live Catholic in Georgia
cms@dragon.com >IXOYE=('> <`)= _<< "Delay not your conversion
cms@romancatholic.org// /// \\\ \\ to the LORD, Put it not off
cms@5sc.net from day to day" Ecclus/Sira 5:8