Re: LXX Deut 29:17(18) & Heb. 12:15

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 22:47:46 EDT

At 10:15 PM -0500 4/21/00, Joseph Brian Tucker wrote:
>Greetings
>
>I am studying Hebrews 12:15 and its allusion to Deut 29:17(18) -
>
>I don't have the LXX where I am studying right now and would like someone
>to provide the last phrase from Deut 29:17 (18) from the LXX so that I can
>compare the greek from LXX with greek of Heb. 12:15. Any thoughts on the
>allusion...

Heb 12:15 EPISKOPOOOUNTES MH TIS hUSTERWN APO THS CARITOS TOU QEOU, MH TIS
hRIZA PIKRIAS ANW FUOUSA ENOCLHi KAI DI' AUTHS MIANQWSIN POLLOI.

Deut.29:17 MH TIS ESTIN EN hUMIN ANHR H GUNH H PATRIA H FULH TINOS hH
DIANOIA EXEKLINEN APO KURIOU TOU QEOU hUMWN POREUESQAI LATREUEIN TOIS QEOIS
TWN EQNWN EKEINWN MH TIS ESTIN EN hUMIN hRIZA ANW FUOUSA EN COLHh KAI
PIKRIAi 18 KAI ESTAI EAN AKOUSHi TA hRHMATA THS ARAS TAUTHS KAI
EPIFHMISHTAI EN THi KARDIAi AUTOU LEGWN hOSIA MOI GENOITO hOTI EN THi
APOPLANHSEI THS KARDIAS MOU POREUSOMAI hINA MH SUNAPOLESHi hO hAMARTWLOS
TON ANAMARTHTON ...

Well, there's the text. Thoughts will have to come from some other source
tonight.

--

Carl W. Conrad Department of Classics/Washington University One Brookings Drive/St. Louis, MO, USA 63130/(314) 935-4018 Home: 7222 Colgate Ave./St. Louis, MO 63130/(314) 726-5649 cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu WWW: http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~cwconrad/