Greek NT's

From: Wieland Willker (willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 03:22:45 EDT

You may have heard about a translation theory called "concordant". Although
I do not agree with this theory, I find the translation sometimes quite
interesting (funny at times) to read.

But what I really wanted to say is that there are small "Concordant"
publishers who offer Greek NT's also.
For those who like curiosities or collect Greek NT's, these are worth to
have. I am aware of a US publisher and a German publisher. Both editions
report a text based on the three major uncials 01, 02 and 03. Where they
disagree the variants are noted. The US version is printed in Scriptua
Continua (but without Nomina Sacra)!

US publisher:
http://concordant.org/

CONCORDANT GREEK TEXT
Black simulated leather, 735 pages
(ISBN 0-910424-31-4) . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 18.00
This text gives all the readings of the three most ancient codices –
Alexandrinus, Vaticanus and Sinaiticus. Although worthwhile readings from
other sources, including the Papyri, the evidence of the Fathers, ancient
versions, later manuscripts and modern scholarship were given ample
consideration, it was found that the three major ancient texts contain every
letter which modern editors deem genuine. Our CONCORDANT GREEK TEXT allows
the reader to see every passage just as it was penned nearly two thousand
years ago, in the ancient uncial alphabet.
An ultra-literal and consistent English sublinear is provided which
uniformly expresses the Greek grammar with English standards. Wherever
possible the first letter of the English standard in the sublinear stands
directly under the first letter of the corresponding Greek word. With a
format uniform throughout to facilitate reference, there are 20 Greek
letters to the line and 50 to the column, giving 1000 to the page. Readings
variant from the basic text are given in the superlinear.

German publisher:
http://home.t-online.de/home/a-aleph.verlag/angebote.htm

Codex Sinaiticus
Griechischer Grundtext des Neuen Testamentes mit Apparat (Korrekturen im
Codex Sinaiticus, abweichende Lesarten des Codex Vaticanus und Alexandrinus)
DEM 80,- (EUR 41,- CHF 70,- ATS 600,- US$ 49,-)
ISBN 3-933455-01-4
(Different from the one above!)

Best wishes
    Wieland