Re: Hodges-Farstad GNT Questions

From: Roe (d.roe@t-online.de)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 09:32:42 EDT

"Clifton D. Healy" schrieb:

> [...] can anyone assist me with the
> merits of [the Hodges-Farstad edition of the GNT]?
> [...] Is there a major difference between the two?

Hi Clifton,

Some would say some differences are major, and others might not. While
the subject is not uninteresting to me personally, such queries as yours
might more appropiately be directed toward the TC-List forum, "an
electronic discussion list dealing with all aspects of biblical textual
criticism"... Access by link below, then select "textual criticism":

http://rosetta.atla-certr.org/TC/TC.html

For Waltz's discussion of the "Byzantine Priority Hypothesis", go to:

http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn/ByzPrior.html

Also on his site, he has arguments presented by Robinson & Pierpont (the
Introduction to their Greek NT according to the majority text)
supporting a majority-text-based GNT:

http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn/RobPier.html

David

D. W. Roe