My last on PAROUSIA and EPISUNAGWGH

From: Jason Hare (parousia_occ@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 01:58:37 EDT

Fellow members,

I understand and agree with Robert and Carl that this
thread has been tainted. I would like to say a few
things to finish my dealings with it.

(1) I let theology drive my understanding of the
text. This has been asserted and I should have to
agree. I think that most passages that deal with
eschatology are *very easily* colored in our
discussions of them. This is only natural, but it is
not for B-Greek. I apologize for the theological
nature of my postings.

(2) I put Kenneth Wuest down. I understand that I do
not like his writings. From my personal reading and
study, I think that his analyses are off in many
respects, but that is not the crux of this issue. It
had no place in my post, but I allowed it there
without thought. Mr. Wuest may be a fine man (and I
am sure that he is), but I have disagreements with him
(just as I often do within myself). That has no place
on B-Greek, either.

(3) I tend to think simply as far as eschatology is
concerned. I am an amillennialist, and that has
influence over my view of the text. I picture there
being ONE general resurrection, ONE second coming, ONE
judgment, ONE… ONE… ONE…. That is simplistic the
thinking of my system and I have allowed it to color
my discussion.

I guess, the point of this mail to the list is to say
this: as I have had to do in the past, I apologize to
you for taking up your time with my *opinions* about
theology and not about Greek. For I should have to
bow to Carl, also, for the sake of his intellect. He
holds things in check well. Thanks to everyone for
being so willing to read and learn; to write and
teach. ‹God bless!!›

Jason Hare

=====
hOUTWS GAR HGAPHSEN hO QEOS TON KOSMON,
hWSTE TON hUION TON MONOGENH EDWKEN,
hINA PAS hO PISTEUWN EIS AUTON MH APOLHTAI
ALL' ECHi ZWHN AIWNION. (John 3:16)